Founded in 1918, the Sholem Aleichem Folk Institute was a national Yiddish educational movement based in New York. It established a network of Yiddish-speaking afternoon and Sunday schools and owned a summer camp in New York.
This pinkas was published in 1948 to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Chicago branch (1926-1946). The book is a whopping 674 pages of Yiddish essays. There are numerous photographs towards the end of the book.